This is Terry Carter’s latest work and appears in the American Bar Association Journal. He interviews Bill Black along with other prominent figures about the lack of prosecution brought against those responsible for the financial crisis. You can read it here.
- Help Us Develop New Media Content
LOOK WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:"Where is the best economics now being done? UMKC."
-- James K. Galbraith
International Post Keynesian Conference @ UMKC
- Conference site and details are found here.
Bank Whistleblowers UnitedPosts Related to BWU
Listen to Our Podcast
- Randy Wray on Krugman and the Frustration of the Heterodox April 28, 2014
- Fred Lee Talks About his Contributions to Heterodox Economics April 18, 2014
- Feb. 27 Podcast with Randy Wray February 27, 2014
- Bill Black and Randy Wray October 21, 2013
- Political Theatre and the Government Shutdown October 2, 2013
- Randy Wray: The Taper, the Debt Ceiling and the Prospects for Growth September 23, 2013
- Stephanie Kelton Talks with Warren Mosler September 4, 2013
Articles Written By
- Angry Bear
- Bill Mitchell – billy blog
- Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
- Credit Writedowns
- Dollar Monopoly
- Felix Salmon
- It's the People's Money
- Michael Hudson
- Mike Norman Economics
- Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis
- MMT Bulgaria
- MMT In Canada
- Modern Money Mechanics
- Naked Capitalism
- Nouriel Roubini's Global EconoMonitor
- Paul Kedrosky's Infectious Greed
- Paul Krugman
- rete mmt
- The Big Picture
- The Center of the Universe
- The Future of Finance
- Un Cafelito a las Once
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Central Bank Research Hub, BIS
- Economic Indicators Calendar
- Financial Market Indices
- Fiscal Sustainability Teach-In
- How Economic Inequality Harms Societies
- International Post Keynesian Conference
- Izabella Kaminska @ FT Alphaville
- NBER Information on Recessions and Recoveries
- NBER: Economic Indicators and Releases
- The Centre of Full Employment and Equity
- The Congressional Budget Office
- The Global Macro Edge
- USA Spending
The rather large assumption here is that some dud mortgages caused a global financial crisis. Bob Hetzel argues convincingly that this isn’t the case.
If the Fed caused the crisis, does Bill Black think we should put Bernanke in jail?
You need to listen to this first to understand the background. Your characterization of “dud mortgages” is wildly off the mark. Bill Black explain it to Harry Shearer in a totally entertaining 2011 interview. Well worth listening to.
This is an *excellent* article.