NEP’s Bill Black on The Real News Network discussing how the Trump administration is using small business as an excuse for wholesale assault on regulation. You can view with a transcript here.
- Help Us Develop New Media Content
LOOK WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:"Where is the best economics now being done? UMKC."
-- James K. Galbraith
International Post Keynesian Conference @ UMKC
- Conference site and details are found here.
Bank Whistleblowers UnitedPosts Related to BWU
Listen to Our Podcast
- Randy Wray on Krugman and the Frustration of the Heterodox April 28, 2014
- Fred Lee Talks About his Contributions to Heterodox Economics April 18, 2014
- Feb. 27 Podcast with Randy Wray February 27, 2014
- Bill Black and Randy Wray October 21, 2013
- Political Theatre and the Government Shutdown October 2, 2013
- Randy Wray: The Taper, the Debt Ceiling and the Prospects for Growth September 23, 2013
- Stephanie Kelton Talks with Warren Mosler September 4, 2013
Articles Written By
- Angry Bear
- Bill Mitchell – billy blog
- Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
- Credit Writedowns
- Dollar Monopoly
- Felix Salmon
- It's the People's Money
- Michael Hudson
- Mike Norman Economics
- Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis
- MMT Bulgaria
- MMT In Canada
- Modern Money Mechanics
- Naked Capitalism
- Nouriel Roubini's Global EconoMonitor
- Paul Kedrosky's Infectious Greed
- Paul Krugman
- rete mmt
- The Big Picture
- The Center of the Universe
- The Future of Finance
- Un Cafelito a las Once
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Central Bank Research Hub, BIS
- Economic Indicators Calendar
- Financial Market Indices
- Fiscal Sustainability Teach-In
- How Economic Inequality Harms Societies
- International Post Keynesian Conference
- Izabella Kaminska @ FT Alphaville
- NBER Information on Recessions and Recoveries
- NBER: Economic Indicators and Releases
- The Centre of Full Employment and Equity
- The Congressional Budget Office
- The Global Macro Edge
- USA Spending
Well, at least it’s consistent. Republicans have claimed to be promoted policies that “will help small businesses” while doing the opposite, for decades. And they’ve got Fox, Breitbart, Drudge etc. lying about it for them, so that people are believing it.
That’s how you get control of all branches of the federal government, most state legislatures, and most governorships. Fake populism. Fake news. Alternative facts spread 365 days a year by the Right Wing propaganda machines. Works like a charm.
I agree Jill, if you have a Democratic party that claims they are in opposition to everything Republican, but never really is in any substantitive way, you can create enough cognitive dissonance so that the mass of indentured citizens believe up is down, left is right, good is evil, black is white all to harmless, disabled effect. There’s no better way to run an institurion than to have the conquered inmates constantly stimulated into believing their brain scrambled objections mean anything other then a possible revenue stream for the machine. Keep postin’!
Ken, if you think Obama was the same as Trump, well, all I can say is, I hope you enjoy the next 4 years, because you, unlike many of us, will deserve them.
There is not as much difference between parties as I would like. But, as you will see in the next 4 years, there is definitely a difference. Dems tried to do something for ordinary people when they could, but were restrained by the campaign finance system and by Republicans in Congress. Our campaign finance system means that one can’t get elected without being beholden to big donors– with the one exception of Trump, and that outcome is even worse.
Citizens who wanted better should have elected Democrats and then pushed them further to the Left. Instead of that, people have believed Breitbart, Fox, and other Right Wing propaganda– and as a result they have elected a more and more Right Wing government that keeps pushing further to the Right.
Yeah, you keep posting too, about how much you enjoy the next 4 years, and how similar you find Trump to Obama. That should be a good joke for us all.