In my previous posts I stated several times that a currency should be equally spendable, savable and earnable. But I never tried to justify that idea, or explain why we should pursue those features as opposed to others. So the purpose of this post and the next is to explain that position. It is impossible to say what features the currency should have without some underlying value system to motivate the existence of currency in the first place. So in this post I will lay down the values I think should guide a sound currency administration. And in the next post I will use those values to explain my view that an equally spendable, savable and earnable currency should be our primary objective.
- Help Us Develop New Media Content
LOOK WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:
International Post Keynesian Conference @ UMKC
- Conference site and details are found here.
Bank Whistleblowers United
- Randy Wray on Krugman and the Frustration of the Heterodox April 28, 2014
- Fred Lee Talks About his Contributions to Heterodox Economics April 18, 2014
- Feb. 27 Podcast with Randy Wray February 27, 2014
- Bill Black and Randy Wray October 21, 2013
- Political Theatre and the Government Shutdown October 2, 2013
- Randy Wray: The Taper, the Debt Ceiling and the Prospects for Growth September 23, 2013
- Stephanie Kelton Talks with Warren Mosler September 4, 2013
Articles Written By
July 2020 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31